Wednesday, February 26, 2014

101 Things Update - February 26

Yet again I find myself beginning with apologies for my absence, which is why I've decided to write only a few times a week instead of 5.  Finding something interesting to post every day is very difficult, actually, and I'd rather not post anything at all than fill up the pages of this blog with drivel.  I want to keep the Monday Rant, but the truth is that most of the time I don't feel like ranting.  When I do, though, believe me, you'll know. :)  (Dear Comma Police, please forgive me for that last sentence.)

Other than that, you'll get 101 Things Updates, some Cupcake Chronicles, and anything else I do that's interesting, but nothing that isn't at least a little bit interesting. :)

Without further ado...

Number 49 on my 101 Things in 2014 list was to replace the old switch plates and outlet covers.  Some of ours were missing, the wrong color, or looked like this:


I'm really not sure why I waited a year and 2 months before changing these out, because it cost me $3.60 to change all the ones that needed it.  Even for a notoriously cheap woman like me, that's a good deal.

Some of them ended up looking like this:


...But I still think that's an improvement. :)

Number 61 was to replicate these mugs using my Porcelaine Pen.


Personally, I like mine better:


Finally, number 79 was to reread the Anne of Green Gables series.  I have a box set of the 8 books, and if you don't count the days in between books, I read them all in 7 days.  I also learned that there is apparently a 9th book called The Blythes are Quoted, but it's very obscure and not at my library, so I'm still going to count this one as completed.

Several other items are very close to being completed, or at least are one step closer.  I've been practicing piping frosting, of course (#12); my curtains are finished but the curtain rods are not hung (#13); I have dirt, a clay pot, and organic lemons (#22); a couple more days reading Spirituality for the Rest of Us (#52); I finally purchased coconut oil so I can make cinnamon chips (#60, #81, #82); and I've checked The Hunger Games out of the library (#101).

I have more cupcakes to show you later this week, and next week, I'll hopefully have a birthday cake (and a pot of dirt) to display! :)

Love and Lightsabers,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment