Friday, February 14, 2014

Homemade Flour Tortillas

If you've been reading my blog this week, you're probably wondering why on earth I would spend 4 days with very lovey, Valentiney posts only to write up a review for tortillas on Valentine's Day proper.  If you've ever had homemade tortillas, you're not wondering at all.


This was on my 101 Things in 2014 list, and I made them (along with a batch of taco meat) for a special dinner for my husband last night.  Why not on actual Valentine's Day?  Well, first of all because I needed something to write about today, but also because if they were horrible, then at least I wouldn't have ruined Valentine's Day. :)  

But they were not horrible.  They were so very very delicious.  And they were easy.  I used my new griddle (Thanks Dad and Mom!) so I could cook 3 at a time, and still use my frying pan for the taco meat.  When I tell you that these are easy, please know I mean it.  They have several steps, like mix, then let sit, then divide into 12 pieces, then let sit, etc., but the hardest step is rolling them out, and that's not even hard, because the dough isn't too sticky. 

The only problem I had with these is that they aren't as flexible as store-bought tortillas, but I still really doubt I'll ever purchase tortillas again, unless I throw a giant taco party and don't have any milk in the house or something.



I can attest that these are delicious plain or with tacos, jam, or Nutella.  (Emphasis on 'or'.)

Love and Roses,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment