Monday, June 8, 2015

Two Recipe Reviews

I'm pretty sure this first recipe was supposed to be my new recipe for February.  Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, I haven't completely given up the 5 Goals project, but it has gotten pushed aside for a few months.

This recipe was actually pretty good.

I made homemade pizza dough, then squished it into circles and filled them with sauce, cheese, ground beef, and pepperoni.  (You could also use canned biscuits.)


They were a little leaky, but some of them turned out very nicely.


Others turned out less nicely, but still tasted delicious.


We really liked their portability, but for a regular dinner, we prefer the crust-to-toppings ratio of regular pizza.

The other recipe I tried was chocolate fudge pop-tarts.  You make a chocolate pie crust and then fill it with homemade hot fudge sauce and bake it.  I've made pop-tarts before with pie crust and jam and they turned out fine.  These, however, got very leaky, and I promise I didn't overfill them.  Even the one that didn't leak didn't taste very good - it needed more filling!  I did put frosting on top (not shown), but it didn't help at all.


It's sad that these didn't turn out, because chocolate fudge pop-tarts sounded really good.

But the homemade hot fudge sauce was really good.  And I ate it with a spoon.

Love and Hot Fudge,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment