Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I Think We'll Have a White Christmas

Some years, we have a fairly tame winter in Michigan.  This year, it's shaping up to be a real winter.  We have about 10 inches of snow on the ground right now, and a couple months to go.  Here's the view of our backyard from yesterday afternoon:


I have not always enjoyed snow.  As a kid, I had to wait outside for the bus in it and shovel it. As a college student and then a newly-married, I had to brush it off my car and shovel it.  But now, we have a garage.  No more brushing off snow. And so this year, I was almost enjoying it for a few weeks.  As in, it was actually beautiful to look at and I didn't hate it.

And then I got a flat tire.  I didn't know it was a flat at first.  I was on my way home from church on Sunday, and about a half mile from home, I could tell something was wrong.  But rather than pull over on the very limited shoulder in 8 inches of snow, I figured I could make it home.  Technically I was right.  If halfway in my driveway and halfway in the road counts as 'home'.

Thankfully, Caleb was on his way home, too (we drive separately to church most of the time because he works there and has to be there super early).  He put on his full body snow suit and went to fix my car.  My tire had completely come off the wheel.  There was a 35-degree difference from the direction the tire was facing to the direction the wheel was facing.  He got the whole thing off and managed to straighten it out, then put my spare on so I could get in the garage.  

Monday night, we had to have the car towed to the repair shop and we got to pick it up yesterday evening.  Let's just say that snow and I are back to our old relationship.

All this to say that I had a really cute project to show you, but it was in my car so I couldn't take pictures of it.  I'll try and get one today, and when you see it, you'll understand why it was in my car.  

Ooh, intrigue!

Love and Tinsel,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment