Friday, September 6, 2013

Kitchen Crafts

Henceforth, Fridays shall have a new tag.  (Ooh, thrilling.)  Around Christmas, I don't struggle to find a craft to share, but the rest of the year, I'm not always crafting.  So Friday Surprise means anything.  It could be a craft, another recipe, an update on our house, or a personal post.  (Or I might take the day off.)

Today, I'm going to share a couple of kitchen updates we did over the summer.  My sister and friend came over one Saturday this summer and we had a girl day and did crafts all day, pretty much.  These first pictures are of our new kitchen clock.  We have the clocks on the oven and the microwave, but I really wanted one over the door.  I found the clock at Salvation Army for $2, but it was really beat up and a nasty off-white.  However, I decided we could probably paint it, and I was right.  We even used free paint (a Lowe's Valspar promotion a few months ago).  It took a coat of primer first and then this beautiful green:


It's above our pretty arched doorway like this:


 Later that same day, we were looking for another craft, and so I looked through the Pinterest board I created for my sister.  We found this pin and decided to give it a go:


Except, of course, we couldn't pick just one shape.  I got hippos, Claire got unicorns and butterflies, and Chloe got various dinosaurs.  We used old calendar pages, an atlas, and various magazines.  I taped mine to a braided strand of yarn and then hung them up in my kitchen:



Aren't they so cute?!  I love them - and they're perfect for the space.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love and Lollipops,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment