Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Cookie List 2013

If you're still not familiar with my Cookie List, check out these posts

This year, instead of purchasing gift bags, I made these containers that I saw on Pinterest:


So, I promise it's not all about money, but these are SO much cheaper than gift bags.  (Even when one purchases gift bags 2/$1 at Dollar Tree.)  I also got so many compliments on the boxes, even though I felt like it was the simplest thing ever.  So there's that.

For goodies, I made:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:


Dark Chocolate Truffles:


Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread:


Cinnamon Bread:


Everyone got some truffles, and then either a loaf or mini muffins of the breads.  I started out making the banana bread because I had bananas, but the plain cinnamon bread recipe stretched farther per batch, and I ran out of bananas. :)

(By the way, this was my first time making the non-banana cinnamon bread, and I give the recipe 2 thumbs up!  It was easy and delicious!)

I also included a homemade ornament and some self-promotion:



The only problem that I had with these baskets is that it was hard to stack them up in the laundry basket (to cart them around) without squishing stuff.  But they're so cute!  (And cheap - did I mention they're incredibly inexpensive to make?)  ;)

Love and Chocolate,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment