Monday, December 19, 2011

'Twas the Monday Before Christmas

And I was not feeling upset at anything or anyone. So I couldn't write a Monday rant.

End past tense.

I have no idea what to expect in this post; I am going to start typing and see what forms. If you can't handle a journal-entry style blog, you should stop reading now.

So many words are running through my head: things I'd like to type, things I'd like to say, things I should put in a song, and things I should do.

First of all, I'm thinking about being a morning person. It's been really difficult. When we went through pre-marital counseling we discussed morning person vs. night owl. I am undoubtedly and uncontrollably a morning person. Caleb said he could be whatever he needed to be. While I'm sure that's true, I'm also sure anyone can be whatever they need to be for a while at least, but they are still what they are. And while he's not the stay-up-until-three type, he's much more of a night owl than I am. So for the last few weeks, I've been trying to be more of a night owl. I've stayed up until 11:00 or later with him. And then to compensate, my body - which normally only needs 8 hours of rest - sleeps until 8:30am. The whole getting-to-bed-late and getting-up-too-late thing makes me tired the rest of the day.

I've always felt better in the morning. When I was a kid, I would lay in my bed early in the morning and sing.

So last night, I went to bed before 9. Not because that's what I plan to do in the future, but because I knew it would take me longer to fall asleep and because I was at the deep level of tiredness where you can only cry. And I vowed to get up between 7 and 7:30 this morning. Which, by the way, I broke. I got up 5 minutes before 7. I felt groggy for about 1 minute, and then my mind started rolling with a to-do list for today - I have so much time! I can get so much done!

Today is laundry day. And I'm going to work out on the Wii Fit (Yes, I'm just that trendy). And I need to create some sort of snack/treat for Caleb's group of teens meeting tonight. But I'll have time to wash all the dishes (I didn't wash dishes starting Saturday morning through Sunday night - I usually don't until Monday morning because weekends are so busy - but we went through an inordinate amount of bowls and there were all 12 of our bowls lined up in the drying rack). And I can organize the "pantry" shelves again - they need it. And the refrigerator. And the whole house. And vacuum. And clean the bathroom. And scour the sink and the microwave and the toaster oven.

Getting up at 7 (6:55) makes me feel like I can conquer the world in a day.

And then tonight, I'm going with my mom to the airport, where we'll pick up my uncle, aunt, and cousins from California. Some of them I haven't seen in 3 years and I am SO excited!

And the funny part for me is that where they are right now, it's 4:30 in the morning.

I have a ton more on which I could ramble, but I'm actually going to get my day going, start a to-do list, and wash some dishes.

Random Fact: I get way more done when I have a to-do list written out than when I don't.

Love and Lists,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment