Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Cinnamon Rolls

I recently found a recipe on Pinterest for Lemon Glazed Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls.  It looked great and sounded interesting.  We love cinnamon rolls.  And we love the lemon and blueberry combination, but cinnamon with lemon and blueberry?  There was only one way to find out!

I didn't take quite as many pictures of my cinnamon rolls as they did, but mine still turned out very pretty.  I did have a problem, but I think it was more my oven than the recipe.  Several of these were still uncooked in the middle, while you can see the outside is scorched.  Our oven does not cook evenly, though, so I think that was the problem.


I used 2% milk, because that's what we have.  And I used salted butter and cut the other salt a bit.  (Something I don't understand is why recipes call for unsalted butter and then have you add salt anyway.)  And when I got to the glaze, I used milk instead of half & half, because we don't have half & half.  And it turned out fine.


These rolls are very large.  They might have cooked better in our oven if I had made smaller ones and split them between two pans.


But seriously, yum.  And messy!


Love and Lemons,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment