Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pinterest Recipes Review #2

Today I have three more recipes to review, and again, no pictures.  But they're pretty great recipes!

1. Chubby Hubby Bars - recipe here.  First of all, Shelly (who wrote the recipe) is hilarious.  Second, this recipe is amazing.  You start with cookie dough and mix in pretzels and chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (or a bag of Minis).  Bake that, then pour melted caramel over the top.  Let that set, and then spread melted chocolate on that.  Seriously?  It's a delicious heart attack in a pan.  Once my chocolate was hardened, I cut these up, which was actually fairly difficult because I let the chocolate harden in the fridge.  So these were tough to cut through, but I did it all at once, because I was going to store them in the fridge.  If you store them somewhere warm, the caramel will melt and run all over (and that's messy).  But they taste amazing.  Pretzel, Caramel, Chocolate, Peanut Butter?  Mmmmmmmmmm....

2. Cake Balls - recipes all over the internet.  I tried the simple one, where you bake a 9x13 cake mix from the box, crumble it up, and mix it in with a can of store frosting, roll them into balls and coat them in chocolate.  Mine were super sticky, and my hands were completely coated in frosting and crumbs after doing just two balls.  I could have used half the can of frosting and had plenty to stick the cake pieces together.  I mean, they tasted great!  (It's cake, frosting, and chocolate - duh!)  But they were really messy to make and honestly? - I like cake batter truffles or cookie dough truffles better.

3. Simple Lemon Popsicles - recipe here.  These really are very simple.  They'll taste like store-bought ones (and since they have corn syrup, kind of have the health benefits of store-bought ones) unless you use fresh-squeezed lemon juice.  These were very simple to make, froze nicely, and tasted great.  They were easier (and froze nicer), though not as healthful, as they lemon yogurt popsicles I shared last review.

Enjoy!  If you have any Pinterest recipes you'd like me to try for you, leave a link in the comments, and I may or may not try it.  (We do have a limited kitchen and time.  And stomach space.  And fat allowance.  And I'm a picky eater.)

Love and Lemons,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment