Monday, November 26, 2012

One of Those Days

Do you ever have those days where everything seems to go wrong?  You trip over the side of the bed getting up, fall into your dresser, and then stub your toe.  You are so tired from not having slept in a week and then people expect you to be nice.  You just want to sit all day and then remember that you have to cook dinner and bake a pie for Thanksgiving and the main ingredients are in someone else's freezer and they're on vacation.

Last Wednesday was one of those days for me.  Insomnia struck yet again and I was so exhausted.  My husband introduced me to a new game (see tomorrow's post) that I loved and started playing and then I remembered I had other tasks.  And once I had all my ingredients, everything seemed to go wrong in the kitchen.

I wanted to have thawed fruit, not frozen, but once the 4 cups I had measured out thawed, they condensed to 2.5 cups, so I had to let more fruit thaw, except by the time I realized I didn't have enough, the first half of the fruit was already in the pie crust, juicing. 

At the same time, my pizza dough was rising, and my husband reminded me that he had to leave for church soon.  Basically, nothing more could go wrong with the pizza because otherwise he wouldn't get any.  That was a little terrifying and made me question yet again why I chose to make homemade pizza that night.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

In the end, the pie turned out great in spite of me, and the pizza was phenomenal.  But I also had a very very full sink of dishes (not the mention the overflow to the counter and stovetop) that I abandoned for another day.

Mostly, I was just surprised it wasn't a Monday, because it sure felt like one.

Love and Mondays,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment