Monday, November 12, 2012

The Monday Rant: Mondays

I have no rant today.

I know, I probably shouldn't make that my first sentence, as I'm likely to lose readers right off the bat, but I really have no rant.

Except perhaps against Mondays in general.

The auction was on Saturday and Caleb and I put in a good 12-hour day.  I was on my feet for most of that time, and had to be nice and friendly for the whole time, and especially the last few hours, during the actual auction.  Then, we got home, went to bed and had to get up (too early) on Sunday morning and play in the worship team.  

You know you look bad when a nearly blind man tells you that you look tired.

I've never been so tired.

So when we got home from church, I was determined not to nap, because napping usually prevents me from sleeping at night.  And I didn't nap, thankfully, but I did run into 3 walls.  Or maybe it was the same wall 3 times.  I don't know.

Last night, I went to bed at 9:45.  With a splitting headache.

When my alarm went off this morning, I hit snooze 5 times before pulling my foggy (still aching) head out of bed.

With some breakfast in me, my head feels better, but I kind of wish I could stay home all day and clean. The apartment is a mess, because when we come home so tired, we just kind of leave everything everywhere, and there have been too many of those events lately, and not enough cleaning up afterwards.  And a clean apartment always makes me feel better.

But I have to go to work for a while today.  Because it's Monday.


I don't feel like this every Monday, thank God, but today, I join the chorus of the exhausted workforce.

Love and Ibuprofen,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment