Friday, May 24, 2013

Under the Lilacs

Last year in Michigan, we had 80-90 degree weather in March, then a snap freeze.  This killed all the things that thought it was Spring and came out early: the apples (very sad), the lilacs (also sad), and the mosquitoes (actually very nice) - just to name a few.  This year, as if to compensate, the lilacs have burst forth with twice (if not more) their normal gusto.  (Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are doing the same. *scratches knee*)  (Hopefully, the apples will follow suit and we will be eating pie all winter long.)

So, last week, as I drove around to work and church and back, I noticed huge lilac bushes.  I'd never seen them so tall - almost like trees!  Then, on my way home from church, I noticed a very very large grove - and it's on our property!  Check it out!


This is a shot of the full thing; I had to walk a long way away to fit most of it in the picture!



They are just so abundant - and perfect!



And while the blossoms are gorgeous and so wonderfully fragrant, even just the leaves are a work of art.



They look like a watercolor painting!



Needless to say, I have a new computer wallpaper. :)

Love and Allergies,
Leah Joy

1 comment: