Friday, October 14, 2011

Homemade Hat Rack

My post today is a bit later than usual, but I spent most of the morning feeling blah and trying to not feel blah.  Now I just feel sort of blah, so I bring you some easy instructions to make your own hat rack.  Or it could be a rack for something else, but nothing too heavy.

You'll need:
a yardstick
some clothespins
Strong glue (like, stronger than hot glue or Elmer's)
A vise or a C-clamp or something would be great, too
Paint, if you want it

First, decide if you want this horizontally or vertically.  You can hold more things horizontally.  If you want the hat rack painted, now is a good time to do so.  For mine, I had some red and silver spray paint sitting around, so I painted the yardstick silver and the clothespins red.  You don't have to paint either of them.

Next, glue the clothespins to the yardstick, one of the flat sides against the surface of the yardstick.  This is where you may want a vise to hold the stuff together while the glue dries.

Believe it or not, you're done!  

Here's a picture of mine:


You could also use this for displaying your kids' artwork or something.  I used hot glue the first time and deeply regretted it.  I recommend strong glue, especially if you ever plan to actually use the pins!  :)

And yes, that is a pink cowboy hat next to a fedora.  

Love and Hats,
LeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I'm going to get started on this right away.

    ReplyDelete