Thursday, November 17, 2011

In Memory of Mrs. Lori: Come Quickly, Lord Jesus

Last night, the camp's office manager, Lori Wier was killed in a car accident. While this is unbelievably sad for her family, "we do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope." Mrs. Lori knew and loved Jesus and is without a doubt dancing and rejoicing with him now. Our prayers go out for her husband, her children, her grandchildren, and the rest of her family.

I have only known Mrs. Lori for a short time. I met her on Valentine's Day, when Caleb took me to a dinner theatre in which another camp staff member played a part. We sat at a table with other camp staff, and that was the first time I met a lot of them. Mrs. Lori was fun and easy-going, always cracking a joke or teasing someone in love. She knew where everything was and always had a solution to the problem. She loved everyone, and everyone loved her.

When I heard last night that she may have died, I realized something that I've never realized before. I'm ready for Jesus to return. Never before have I honestly been able to say that. I've wanted to say it, but it was never true. There was always something I wanted to do yet before heaven: be kissed, have a boyfriend, graduate high school, graduate college, fall in love, get married, honeymoon, etc. "Yes, Jesus, come back soon, but not before...." You fill in the blank. But last night I realized that with all the pain and suffering in the world right now, all I want is to see Jesus come back - and quickly!

How long, oh Lord?
How much longer?
Come quickly, Lord.
Come quickly to deliver us.

Love and Prayers,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment