Tuesday, January 8, 2013

101 Things in 2013

As I shared yesterday, I'm trying something new this year.  Marquette from Pinstrosity shared her 101 Things in 2013 and I was seriously inspired.  I'm not quite as burned out on New Year's Resolutions as she is, but this looked like a great idea.  I decided to add to it and make mine on two Pinterest boards: one for projects yet to go, and one for completed projects.  I love what Marquette said about coming to the list when she's looking for something to do.  That's why I'm making it on Pinterest; it's a great way to see everything at once.

I began by looking through all of my pins.  Yes, all of them.  I picked out several that I really want to do.  I thought about all the projects to do around the house.  I looked at my Summer Goals list from this summer.  Pretty much everything on there was still fair game because I did practically nothing from it.  I looked at my list of Books to Read and picked a few.  I got a few suggestions from Caleb and Chloe.

The first 50-60 were really easy.  Then I started slowing down, but when I finally got to the last 10 I was actually nervous.  I was stressing so much about making my list perfect, until I realized it's not about perfect; it's about ideas.  It's not like these are the only things I can do this year!  And I don't have to do everything on the list.  It's really okay.  Even if I only do half of them, it's more than I might have done otherwise.

And even as I write this, I'm realizing house projects I forgot, like bathroom curtains.  Right now, we have a pillowcase pushpinned to the trim.  Dreadfully classy, I know, but not my permanent solution.

But it's okay.  My list stands and it's pretty and I like it.

Although, as my sister said, my first thing on the list should have been completing the list. :)

I'm really excited to get started on my list, although many of them will have to wait until my legs are better!  However, I'll be posting updates here.  I'm not sure how it will fit into my regular schedule, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Besides, my regular schedule won't be back until after I finish sharing Christmas joy!

Check out my board here!

Love and Dandelions,
Leah Joy

P.S. Would you consider this project, too?  Let me know if you're going to try it, so I can follow your board!

No comments:

Post a Comment