Monday, January 7, 2013

We've Moved!

Hello Friends!

Here's a quick update of my life since I last updated.

After closing, we spent a solid week (filled with 13 hour work days!) cleaning, scrubbing, disinfecting, and painting.  And multiple trips daily to Lowe's.  On December 31 we moved our last loads of stuff and spent our first night here after my parents' New Year's Eve party.  It's so exciting, but very interesting.  We've been very blessed to not have to buy very much in the way of furniture and appliances.  My parents gave us a kitchen table/chairs and a coffee table.  Caleb's parents are giving us a pub table we'll be putting in the living room plus a filing cabinet sort of thing that we'll be using as a TV stand.  My aunt and uncle blessed us with a (really nice!) couch and recliner.  Various friends from church have blessed us with a table and chairs, a desk, a bed for the guest room, and a washer. One couple is getting new kitchen appliances so they're blessing us with their previous ones.  Not only a fridge and a stove, but a microwave and a dishwasher, too!

I can hardly believe so many people love us so much, but it's wonderful to see how God is taking care of us. There's really no way we could have afforded this nice of stuff on our own.

The interesting part, though, is figuring out delivery dates.  I mean, a table is easy enough to move, but a fridge is different.  And so we've been kind of camping for the last week.  We have a mini-cooler for our fridge (and a Rubbermaid tub in the breezeway, which is practically outside), an electric griddle, an electric frying pan, a hot plate, a toaster oven, and a microwave.  (That's a lot of small appliances!)

Oh yes, and while we do have running water (thank God!), we're still waiting for the test from the lab to see how clean it is.  We can flush the toilet, at least.  And shower, as long as we have no open wounds and don't drink the water.  But we get drinking water from church and wash our dishes there, too, and that's only 2.1 miles down the road.

(This update is turning out to be less than quick.  I'll wrap it up.)

Bad news: during the cleaning and moving process, I apparently stressed out my ankle.  (Really?  Cleaning and painting for 13 hours a day, several days straight, followed by lifting multiple heavy objects over and over can be stressful on the body?)  After it kept me awake for a few nights, I went to see the doctor, because I hear those horror stories about people who had a sore ankle and did nothing and then it was fractured and they have to have crazy intense surgery because they didn't go to the doctor.  And I'd rather pay a $35 co-pay to hear that I'm stressed out and need to take it easy than skip the doctor and have to have very expensive and painful surgery later.  Anyway, I'm supposed to rest and ice and elevate my legs.  Which may actually be good news for the blog, because I have a lot of time to sit around.  Those of you following me on Pinterest may have noticed this.  :)

Speaking of Pinterest, I was inspired by this post on Pinstrosity, and decided to tackle a 101 Things in 2013 project.  I've spent the last couple days looking through all my pins and picking ones to take on this year, looking around my house and picking projects, picking a few books off of my Reading List, and looking at previous summer goals lists for ideas.  I'll write more on it later, but in the meantime, you can see my 101 Things board here.  I'll be starting a board for completed projects (once I actually complete one) and move the pins over there.

Blog posts may be sporadic, but they will come.  I've promised you Christmas projects, house pictures, and now my 101 Things and I will not fail you.

Love and Legwarmers,
Leah Joy

P.S. Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  If so, what are yours?  If not, why not?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited for you guys! Have lots of fun with your new home! Pictures soon?

    ReplyDelete