Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ornament Adventures

Check out yesterday's post to see my first ornament attempt.

These all follow in a crochet theme.  Why?  Because I have lots of yarn.  I found most of these on Pinterest.   Here's how they turned out:

The original:



My version:


Awful, I know.  Partly my terrible green yarn, partly the terrible lighting, partly my veering from the pattern since I only had individual round sequins, partly the pattern itself.  Moving on.

The original:



My version:


Not bad, really, and actually pretty cute.  Even cuter than the picture, I think.  However, it took too long to make for it to be practical to make dozens, and it was pretty heavy for an ornament.

The original:



My version:


Looks really cute here, but as I didn't have any plastic rings, I cut a strip of a toilet paper tube.  While it worked, it wasn't very sturdy and would easily be crushed, never to hold its shape again.  And plastic rings aren't the cheapest things in the world.  They're not a bad price, really, but to make dozens and dozens....

The original:




My version:


Okay, freaking adorable.  And then Caleb said that it wasn't very Christmas-y, which is true, but do ornaments have to be?  Anyway, I only made one.  It, too, was a bit heavy.

The original:



My version:


I love this one!  I was actually going to make a combo of these and tomorrow's, but I forgot, so I'll probably do these for this Christmas.  :)


 Here they all are!  I imagine you can deduce for yourself which one I actually made dozens of.  Tune in tomorrow for pictures of that!


I kept them all in a bowl on our kitchen table because... well, why not?  (That's Tim, our clay dinosaur.)

Love and Rainbows,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment