Wednesday, April 10, 2013

101 Things Update - April 10

Since Spring Break started, I've completed 5 projects.  Check 'em out!

25. Kitchen Curtains.  Yep, I'm going to be annoying and give you only this preview of the fabric!  I will post full pictures soon!  :)


39.  Make legwarmers.  I did these out of the arms of a blue sweater my mom was getting rid of.  Chloe used the body of the sweater to make a scarf.  We're thrifty.  Because of how baggy the arms were around my calves, I had to add some snaps, and the legwarmers have a keyhole in them, but they are very warm and comfortable!  I'll post more pictures of these later, too.


51. Flannel Infinity Scarf.  Okay, so you can clearly tell this is not an infinity scarf, but it was too short to put in two loops and too long to wear as one, so I just made it a straight scarf.  I made another one for Chloe that is an infinity scarf, but I haven't taken any pictures of her in it, yet, so yes, I will post more pictures of this project later! :)  This scarf is incredibly warm and soft!


73.  Read the Wheel of Time 4: Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan.  This is Caleb's favorite series, so when I started them I was doing it as a favor; I mean, he had read Little Women and Pride and Prejudice, right?  Then I really liked them.  However, they take me far longer to read than most books (like a week and half compared to two days), so I don't always read them one right after another.

100.  Grocery Bag Basket.  I felt like a 5-year-old when I was making this.  Apparently weaving is not my spiritual gift.  Or following directions.  I ended up having to line my basket to make it salvageable.  However, it's pretty sturdy, probably because it's mostly hot glue.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it's cute in spite of my weaving incapabilities and the blobs of hot glue covering it.


This next few weeks, I'm going to work on projects that use things I already have.  My husband bought me a dryer (yay!), which means we have to really watch our spending for a bit.  No crafty purchases for me.  But I have a whole yarn stash, and four boxes of craft supplies calling my name, not to mention some closets/cupboards that could use some love, plus the entirety of the local lending library.

Have a marvelous Wednesday!

Love and Rainbows,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment