Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Earring Update - April 16

I'm pretty excited to share this week's pictures with you.  4 out of 5 of these earrings are really cool and/or have great stories!

April 9 - I made these out of bassoon reeds!  Before you freak out on me for wasting perfectly good bassoon reeds, let me tell you why I used these ones.  In high school, my teacher insisted I purchase this brand, and since the music store that sold them wasn't super close, I bought several extras.  Then, I started lessons in college with a new teacher and he told me these were crap and I should never use them again.  I had 2 reeds I hadn't even opened!  So I drilled a couple holes, added some fishing line and made these!  (And yes, they still play - though they probably wouldn't be great to use for real.)

April 12 - These are another pair from my friend Kayla.  They're so cute!  The only bad thing about them is that instead of being both correct like this, one is a mirror image.

April 13 - Aren't these fabulous?!  I picked these up at Meijer on clearance for a few dollars.  They're not too heavy, and they make lovely noises when I move my head!

April 14 - Claire's clearance rack.  It's impossible to have a bad day when you have unicorns on your earrings.  :)

April 15 - The only pair with a poor story.  There was this cool yellow necklace for sale at Salvation Army and these came with it.  Turns out the necklace is the kind that grabs your hairs and pinches you, so that stunk.  I'm not sure if I'll keep these or not.

Love and Peach Cobbler,
Leah Joy

P.S.  In case you were wondering, the end is in sight!  I have a lot of really big pairs yet that I've been saving for warmer weather because they get stuck on scarves.  But I also can't wear big earrings to work because they clank against the phone, so I better get them in soon before I work 5 days a week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment